Circuit training has been proven to be so effective that it speeds up fat burning by up to 30% over standard workouts. This effect consists of intense loads, the movements are repeated without interruption one after another. In one circle, 4 to 7 exercises for different muscle groups is a great way to work out all areas well.
What you need to know about circuit training
Due to the lack of rest between exercises, there is simply no time to get bored. Intense loads do not allow you to be distracted by extraneous thoughts, as a result, training becomes more effective.
In one hour of such exercises, you can burn 30% more calories than in the gym. The result depends on the efforts made, it is important not to relax and not be lazy.
Circuit training does not have time to get bored, because every time you can change the types of exercises, add more cardio or strength loads. This alternation allows not only to increase physical endurance but also to remove subcutaneous fat from problem areas.
? Circular workouts are suitable for both gaining muscle mass and simply keeping the body in good shape ?
Important! Circuit training gives a high load on the heart, therefore, such exercises are contraindicated for people with cardiovascular diseases. If you have any doubts about your own health, it is better to consult a doctor and, under his supervision, draw up a training plan.
How to choose an exercise program
The concept of circuit training differs depending on which goals are prioritized:
- Burning fat and gaining mass. Workout time 36 minutes, during which you can burn up to 360 calories. It works by alternating strength and cardio exercises. Each element of the workout must be performed for 60 seconds, in total you need to do 3 circles, each must go 12 minutes.
- Relief. To work out the muscles, it is worth focusing on strength exercises. Each of them must be performed for 1 minute and try not to take breaks. The entire workout will take 24 minutes, each circle of strength exercises is done 4 times. During this time, it will turn out to burn up to 210 calories.
- Burning extra calories. For half an hour of exercise, you can get rid of an average of 300 kilocalories (a fairly large amount of energy). To do this, you need to perform only cardio exercises, spending 5 minutes each. A full workout includes two laps.
✅ During exercise, you need to carefully monitor your health. The loads should correspond to the level of physical fitness, you do not need to overload yourself immediately.
Exercises for training
The exercises below are simple to perform and can be done in the gym, at home, or outdoors. Each exercise is given from 30 to 60 seconds, all this time should be devoted exclusively to classes. Full focus on what you are doing will help you achieve the desired result faster.
If out of habit it becomes very difficult, it is allowed to take a break of 20 seconds, but this time should be spent in silence and not wasted on chatting or household chores, thoughts about work, etc.
Steps with squat (lateral thrusts)
Exercise helps to work out the gluteal muscles :
- Stand up, straighten, feet should be shoulder width apart.
- Step right.
- Sit down with your knees bent at right angles.
- Stretch your arms forward.
- Freeze in this position for a while.
- Return to the position where you started.
Perform movements for 30 seconds, then change sides and repeat. If desired, the exercise can be complicated by supplementing it with dumbbells, then it will be possible to work on the hands as well.
In this exercise, the muscles of the back and shoulders are actively involved :
- Take a dumbbell in your right hand.
- Lunge with your right foot forward. In the correct position, the right knee is bent at a right angle, and the left knee slightly touches the floor but does not rest on it.
- For a more advanced exercise, try to keep your left knee a few centimeters above the floor.
- Tilt the body forward.
- Lower your right hand with a dumbbell, and put your left hand on your belt or hip.
- Raise your right elbow so that your arm is closer to your body.
- Lower your hand.
Do this for 30 seconds, then switch sides. In a more complex version of the exercise, the dumbbells are held in both hands at once.
Lunge with turning
The exercise is great for those who want to primarily work on the muscles of the buttocks and legs :
- Take both dumbbells.
- Stretch your arms forward.
- Watch your back, the spine should be straight, the chin is raised, and the legs should be shoulder-width apart.
- Lunge with your right foot.
- Turn the body to the left, linger in this pose.
- Take the starting position.
Do the exercise for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
Exercise for the hips and shoulders
The goal is to work the muscles of the legs and shoulder girdle :
- Stand in a plank on bent elbows. The angle of the fold should be straight, watch this, try not to sag the body too low. The elbows should not be higher than the body.
- Keep your torso in a straight line with your legs.
- Raise your hips and lower for 30 seconds without interruption.
Spend the next half minute after an active exercise in holding the bar.
Important! If you have problems with the joints of the hands, exercises with the bar should be done carefully, it is advisable to consult a doctor and discuss the permissible loads.
Hand steps in the plank
The purpose of this exercise is to work the shoulders, arm muscles, and core muscles :
- Stand in a plank with outstretched arms.
- Keep your body position as straight as possible, you should feel a lot of tension in the press.
- Within 1 minute, move your right hand to the right a couple of centimeters and back, and your left to the left.
If at first, it is difficult to withstand a minute, try to do this exercise for 30 seconds first, then slowly increase the load.
the endpoint of exercise
Exercise makes it possible to work well with the shoulders, muscles of the buttocks, and legs. You need to perform it with dumbbells:
- Lift your right leg up.
- Bend your elbows.
- Sit on your left leg, extending your right arm forward, while the left goes back.
- Take the starting position, change legs.
The exercise is performed without interruption for 60 seconds. In addition to muscle training, this is a good way to learn balance and improve coordination. For the convenience of counting down the time, you can use the timer on the clock or the application on the smartphone.
The strength exercises listed above can be alternated with cardio of varying degrees of intensity:
- Low. It consists of marching in place, walking on an elliptical trainer at a speed of 70 to 90 steps/min. with resistance from 4 to 8 and cycling at a speed of 70 to 90 rpm. with resistance levels 2 to 4.
- Average. Brisk hiking on uneven terrain, jogging, and running up and down stairs.
- High. Intensive running, exercises with jumping rope (up to 120 / min.), Exercises on an elliptical trainer with resistance from 8 to 15 levels.
When practicing at home, you can use a rope, do exercises on an impromptu step platform, and run on the spot. The lack of simulators does not in the least interfere with exercising if there is a desire. At home, dumbbells can be replaced with bottles filled with sand or salt.